Last night we did the naughty and had fish and chips. Afterwards we felt pretty gross, yet unsatisfied. What is with that with junk food?
Our neighbour had given us some lovely fresh organic salad greens, and they were sitting on our table looking at us saying “eat me”. So I decided to whip up this salad with a few things I had on hand, just to cleanse our palettes. Here is what happened:
- 1 T. Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Generous splash of lime juice (I didn’t measure but I think it was about 2 T.)
- Small splash of olive oil (maybe 1/2 T.?)
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
Whip up with a spoon in a small deep cup.
- Large plate of salad greens – anything but iceberg lettuce. Rocket would go nice with this
- 5-6 large strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
Arrange the salad on a big plate, and top with the dressing and enjoy! This took only about 5 minutes to make up – super easy and a perfect spring/summer treat that served its purpose for us nicely as our apperitive!