I love to cook so here is a healthy and yummy recipe idea to share. Bon appetit!
EM’S Eggplant Mushroom Penne
Saute on medium heat with 1-2 T. olive oil:
1/2 diced eggplant
6-8 cloves garlic chopped
1 onion chopped
2 large portabello mushrooms or 5-6 buttom mushrooms, diced
- Towards end of sauté, add cayenne pepper, pepper flakes, cracked salt and black pepper to taste. If you don’t like spicy food just use salt/pepper. Mix through.
- Add MINIMUM 1/2 large jar veggie, tomato-based pasta sauce, don’t skimp! Continue to simmer for a few minutes until heated through.
- Cook 500g whole wheat penne pasta and toss the above mixture with the pasta. Add some olives.
- This makes 4 very generous portions.
- Optional: serve on a bed of rocket, topped with a few almonds
It was amazingly yummy, very quick and easy to prepare