The other night we had a Mexican craving, and since it’s impossible to find any decent restaurants that don’t cost the whole ranch, we made our own. This will serve 3-4 people as an appetizer, or 2 people as a main dish. Hope you like!
- 1.5 Avocado, ripe
- 1/2 Red onion, large, finely diced
- 5 Cloves garlic, finely diced (2-3 should do fine – we were breathing dragons afterwards if you’re into that)
- 2-3 T. Salsa
- Juice of 1 squeezed fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mash everything together in a bowl and set aside.
- 1 Bag Mexicano Natural Tortilla chips
- 1 Tin refried beans
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes or 1-2 large fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 Green pepper, diced
- 1/2 c Sunflower seeds
- Chili seasoning and pepper
Spread the chips onto a baking dish. Mix the beans and tomatoes together and spoon over the chips – try and make it a fairly even spread. Top with the olives, green pepper, sunflower seeds and spices. Bake for about 5-10 minutes until nice and hot. Serve with your freshly made Guac to knock your socks off! Normally I’d have fresh coriander/cilantro or parsley with this but our garden’s not quite ready yet…