I was experimenting with this one, thinking I would make bean dip, but ended up using in burritos instead. Either way this is an easy recipe to make and is very delicious, gluten-free and vegan. It helps if you have a food processor, if not just get out your potato masher and some elbow grease.
You will need:
- 300g dried Aduki Beans, or black beans fine too (I got these from Health 2000), soaked from morning to evening – cook in plenty of fresh water until soft, drain and rinse. As an alternative, just use a tin of whatever type of beans you like – drain and rinse
- 1 tin whole or diced tomato (use diced if you don’t have food processor)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- several fresh garlic cloves – the more the better, chop up if no food processor
- Spices to taste:
- Cayenne pepper
- Cumin seeds
- Dill seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Splash of olive oil
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, rocket, coriander and/or basil
Method: Chuck all ingredients (except the fresh herbs) into food processor and hit the “Go” button. Once well-blended, place in a pan and heat through on the stove, and serve on warmed tortillas. Use corn tortillas for gluten-free. Top with fresh herbs. Bon appetit!